Monday, November 4, 2013

No regrets!

Hey you guys!

So as you all know last night I came home from Irland, which was amazing! Probably one of THE most awesome trips that I've had in a long time and it was great to meet up with my old friends from my time in Viet Nam - if you want, you can check out a few pictures at my Instagram (davidtdk1). Since this is a blog where I am suppose to talk about my Mt. Olympus project and not anything else!

So, when I arrived at Sundsvall (my hometown) airport, I felt really shitty, I told myself that it's just because of the flight and that spending more time in the air then on the ground will do that to your body - boy was I wrong!

This morning when I woke up, ready to be pumping, ready to go, ready to push it to work off all that Guinness that I've been drinking..

Well, it did not quit start the way that I wanted it to. I woke up with a throat that made it impossible to say anything (I know right, finally David wont speak for a while - celebrating!) and my whole head and ears were svullen and I had trouble hearing.

And except from that, my back and feet has still to recover - you can really say that I hit an athletes worst nightmare!

So I explained to Samuel what was going on and that I might not be able to see him at the gym for a while and boy..when I told him he did not take it that well.

''I told you to rest! No workout until you're better, this is exactly what I have been telling you is going to happend. When you're up walking in the morning when you're close to crying and you're still doing it..this is what happens''..well the list goes on, but I assume that you get the picture.

So perhaps a few of you people that are reading this keep thinking, ''David you piece of c***''..and with that I mean ''Cake'', but anyway..''why didn't you listen to your Coach or countless of other people''?



Well the thing is, and I know that Samuel and alot of you people out there will give me shit for writing this but, I am actually happy that this happend. Because my lifestyle and my vision of the world and what kind of person I want to be, is a man that doesn't make excuses or tries to find a reason not to work on his craft. Now I am not going to sit here and say that it doesn't suck that I can't train or that it doesn't hurt, but I did what I as suppose to do, I kept working tho I was in pain and tho some people might have said that I should rest.



Because that is who I am..



So by sitting here, feeling like this, knowing that I could have been at the gym right now, isn't bothering me as much as I thoughts, because I did not change the vision that I have and I did not take days off tho I was tired..I decided to do it. Not saying that I will not listen to Samuel in the future about stuff like this, because after all, he knows about it. I am still happy that I actually manage to push me to my breaking point and after some rest I will be back..probably doing the same thing all over again...but hopefully, with a bit more patient when it comes to lifting heavy weights.

I am also a bit worried since my 5 hours walk is coming up and I have not been walking that much due to my feet.

The good thing is tho - through all this - I know that I have worked hard to get my back good enough to train hard before..and I can and I will do it again!

Well guys, that's it for today, hope you all are working hard and I will see you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment